Your business connection

Every business is different, so we need to carry out a site survey before we can quote for your new gas supply or quote to change or disconnect your existing supply.

We provide a design/quote service for multiple residential (including existing properties, conversions and new developments) and commercial connections, service alterations, disconnections and/or capacity increases. Our Customer Service team is available on 0800 912 1700 (Mon-Fri 8.30am-5pm) if you need any help or advice when you fill out any of the forms under Related Info.

Applying for a new commercial gas connection, gas meter alteration or capacity increase

Business customers should use our Commercial Multiple Capacity form at the bottom of this section to apply for a new gas connection, meter alteration or a capacity increase to your gas supply. You can find out more about commercial disconnections at the bottom of this page. There are number of things to consider before completing the form. Please read through the following sections carefully. 

Commercial properties

For commercial properties, we’ll need to know the hourly and annual gas loads.

Multiple residential properties

For multiple residential properties, we’ll need to know the hourly gas loads. The easiest way to find out your properties’ gas usage is to speak with the Gas Safe engineer who will be installing your appliances. We apply a default hourly load of 60kW for houses (30kW for flats) and an annual load of 20,600kW for houses (15,000kW for flats) unless you tell us otherwise.

New builds

For new build requests, we’ll need an original scaled site plan of the property(s) within its existing geography, with the proposed meter position(s) marked clearly on each of the buildings.

Before you fill in the application, consider:

  • Whether you have or need a meter kiosk.
  • Whether you need elevated pressure, a booster or a compressor.
  • Your gas load (how much gas you use or need an hour and a year). If you don't know your gas load, the Gas Safe Registered Engineer website is able to help you find an engineer who can advise you. 
  • The type of meter box you have. There are some pictures at the end of the form to help you.
  • Your meter point reference number (MPRN). This can usually be found on a tag next to each meter.

Disconnecting a commercial gas supply

If you want to disconnect your existing commercial gas supply or multiple residential supplies, please complete the Commercial Disconnections form. You should prepare the following:

  • A site location plan showing the properties.  
  • The meter point reference number (MPRN) for each supply you want disconnected. The unique MPRN can usually be found on a tag next to each meter.

How to accept and pay

  • Please complete and return the signed order form which is contained within your quote along with your full payment (if required).
  • You can email or post us your signed order form and payment to the address shown on your order form, along with any other documents that may be needed as outlined in your quote e.g. consent form.
  • Do you have access to online banking with your bank? If so, a faster and more convenient way to pay for this quote is to use online banking. You can send us your payment by ticking the BACS payment method on your order form and then follow the instructions given to transfer your payment to us. 
  • If you are using BACS to pay then we’ll still need your signed order form so please remember to send this to us by email or by post, along with any other documents that may be needed as outlined in your quote.
  • Once we’ve accepted your order and processed your payment, we’ll aim to contact you within 7 working days to arrange a date to start the work, unless there is something specified in your quote which prevents us from doing this eg an easement or servitude.