If you don't have a gas supply and want to connect your home to our network, you can apply online for a new connection.
Before you apply, there are some things that are good to know first:
To make the connection process as quick and easy as possible, first make sure you have everything you need:
- Use our postcode checker to find out if we deliver gas to your area.
- More than one property: If your application is for more than one property, please use our commercial application form.
- New buildings. Before we can begin we’ll need a site plan, so we can work out where the pipe will run on your property and meet the gas main.
- Permissions. All land that we need to access must be owned by you, or you’ll need to have written permission from the landowner for us to carry out works.
We'll provide you with a full, upfront quote before we start work to connect your new supply. Once you've received and accepted your quote, we're usually able to start work in about six to eight weeks.
- The cost. This varies from around £400 - £1,200 depending on where you are (inside or outside of the M25, or in Scotland) and whether you choose to dig the trenches yourself.
- The time. If you apply for a quote online you’ll get an instant response, if your work is classed as a ‘standard job’. The quote is valid for 60 days from the day it was created and can only be used by the person named on the quote. Any changes you make will affect the quote and will mean you’ll need to apply again.
If any of the following apply to you, your application will become 'non-standard' and we will need to carry out a survey to provide you with a bespoke quote. You are still able to apply using the form below.
- You live in a flat on or above the second floor
- You have a heated swimming pool
- You have five bedrooms or more
- You need more than 40 meters of pipe
- There is no gas main on site or in your area
Once you have received your quote, simply click to approve it (or you can sign and post back to us). This will then send you to a payment page on Barclays where you can pay for the work. As soon as we receive full payment and all consent forms, we’ll contact you within seven days to arrange a start date.