If you no longer need gas at your property, apply online for us to disconnect your gas supply.
Before you begin your application to disconnect your gas supply there are some things it's good to know first.
- Use our postcode checker to find out if we deliver gas to your area. If you want to find out more about your gas supply, the FindMySupplier website is able to give you more information.
- Make sure you have the full address, postcode and phone number of the property.
- More than one property: If your application is for more than one property, please use our commercial application form.
- Make sure someone will be available on the day to give us access to carry out the work.
- Have any consent permit you might need, such as the owner of the land, your local authority if work has to be carried out on the road, or planning permission if your building is listed or on a conservation site.
- Make sure there are no obstructions such as scaffolding in place.
- Looking for a quick quote? Use our Quick Estimate Tool to get an idea of how much your disconnection will cost and our current lead times.
We'll provide you with a full, upfront quote before we start work to disconnect your supply. Our online application form can be used to request a quote for any single domestic property, and your quote will be emailed instantly.
Your quote is valid for 60 days and can only be used by the person named on the quote.
How to accept and pay
Online quote from our website
If you use our online application form and have a standard application, you can pay straight away using our online payment portal.
- Once you receive your online quote, you can click to accept your quote in your log-in area. This will send you to a payment page where you can pay for the work straight away using our online payment portal.
- If you don’t want to accept the quote and pay immediately, you can log back into our website at a later date and continue the process to accept your quote and pay using our online payment portal.
- As soon as we’ve received your payment we’ll check your quote just to make sure everything is in order. Should there be a problem we’ll contact you straight away to let you know. Otherwise, if everything’s ok we’ll aim to contact you within 7 working days to arrange a date to start the work.
Postal or email quote
- Please complete and return the signed order form which is contained within your quote along with your full payment (if required).
- You can email or post us your signed order form and payment to the address shown on your order form, along with any other documents that may be needed as outlined in your quote e.g. consent form.
- Do you have access to online banking with your bank? If so, a faster and more convenient way to pay for this quote is to use online banking. You can send us your payment by ticking the BACS payment method on your order form and then follow the instructions given to transfer your payment to us.
- If you are using BACS to pay then we’ll still need your signed order form so please remember to send this to us by email or by post, along with any other documents that may be needed as outlined in your quote.
- Once we’ve accepted your order and processed your payment we’ll aim to contact you within 7 working days with the earliest possible start date for you. Our average lead time from planning to work starting is usually 6 to 8 weeks. This may be longer should your work require us to arrange a road closure with the local authority.