We’re progressing well with the construction of our world-first H100 Fife green hydrogen gas network in the Buckhaven and Denbeath areas of Levenmouth, Fife.
H100 Fife is leading the way in decarbonising home heating. It will be the first 100% hydrogen-to-homes zero carbon network anywhere in the world, demonstrating the potential for the whole British gas network to deliver hydrogen gas.
Using green hydrogen gas means no carbon will be produced when it’s burned, which is much better for the environment and puts us on a clear path towards net zero heating. It’s a historic change that will make Scotland and the UK a greener place to live – and it all starts here, in Buckhaven and Denbeath.
Our project started in May 2023 and will last 15 months. We’ll be carrying out our work over five phases as detailed below, to minimise disruption to the local community as much as possible. The dates provided are subject to change.
During each phase of our work, it may be necessary to implement road closures and use temporary traffic lights at times. We’ll give as much advanced notice of this as possible.
You can see a map below of the streets we'll be working in during each phase and a schedule of dates for these phases.
Phase one and two are now complete and phase three is underway.
Phase three: We'll be working in the following streets at different times between October 2023 - March 2024.
- Institution Street - Phase three section complete.
- Wall Street - Phase three section complete.
- Wellesley Road - Phase three section complete.
- Sandwell Street - Work has begun and will continue until Friday 22 March. We'll need multi-way temporary traffic lights to carry out this work safely.
- Barncraig Street - Work in has begun and will continue until Saturday 24 February.
- Bow Street - Work will begin here on Monday 26 February until Friday 29 March.
- Den Street - Work will begin here on Monday 4 March until Monday 18 March.
Phase four: We'll be working in the following streets at different times between February 2024 - March 2024. More details will follow closer to the beginning of this phase.
- Ruskin Crescent
- Sandwell Street
- Stark Street
Phase five: We'll be working in the following streets at different times between April 2024 - August 2024. More details will follow closer to the beginning of this phase.
- Buchan Gardens
- Burns Avenue
- Carlyle Crescent
- Den Walk
- Omar Crescent
- Shakespeare Avenue
- Wellesley Road