This short course highlights the importance of working safely near gas pipelines and gives clear guidance on what to do before you start any work.
You’ll learn how to keep yourself, your colleagues and others safe by:
- Knowing how to identify a gas pipeline in the area where you want to carry out work
- Contacting SGN before you start any work which involves breaking ground
- Learning your responsibilities for keeping pipelines safe
- Understanding the types of work you can/cannot carry out near a gas pipeline
- Understanding the potential danger of working near a gas pipeline
- Knowing what you must do if a pipeline is damaged
Your safety is our priority, but protecting our pipelines also ensures they don't get damaged, gas supplies to our customers aren’t interrupted and protects the environment too.
The course will take around 12 minutes to complete.